Game News! 21/10/19
A big week! Two fantastic games launching at the end of the week along with a few interesting announcements! Let’s jump in!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
This year it seems Infinity Ward is doing things right. The campaign mode returns along with Special Ops and the multiplayer is classic old skool Call of Duty. Fingers crossed Activision doesn’t mess this up with loot boxes and pay to win mechanics like Black Ops 4. It seems they aren’t though, as Modern Warfare will have a Battle Pass system and all DLC will be free. Hmmm. We will wait and see what the future brings on this one in terms of Activision not fleecing players.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out on Friday 25th October! Stay frosty!
The Outer Worlds
Fallout in space? Yes! It’s exactly what this looks like. It should. Obsidian is no stranger to the Fallout series and we hope they can deliver on this one. It has the Fallout 2 directors on board so it has to be good right? Fingers crossed! Featuring dialogue selection and branching storylines depending on how you build your character (morally and stat-based) this could be a time sink. Did we say FALLOUT IN SPACE already?
This hits on October 25th. Can play in between Modern Warfare for sure.
Crusader Kings III
Crusader Kings III is the sequel to the classic Paradox Development Studio game about medieval conquest, intrigue, religion and high drama. It is a firm step in the direction of a new generation of grand strategy games, with new 3D character models and an even more detailed map. Designed to enhance the experience of Paradox veterans while being more welcoming to young squires, Crusader Kings III is a rich setting for an infinite number of new stories.
A few new things being introduced:
- Shape Your Dynasty: Guide unique characters through history, choosing lifestyles best suited to their personalities and your ambitions.
- Rewrite Medieval History: Dynasties will change and adapt to changes in family and politics, and religious beliefs are more firmly under your control.
- Build a Mighty Kingdom: Use your vassals’ fear of you as a weapon or call on familial obligations to persuade reluctant relatives to submit.
- Experience High Drama: Stranger than fiction stories leap off the screen, as characters plot against you and events push you to extremes.
- Learn as You Go: Guided advice to help newcomers navigate a rich medieval world. In-game suggestions tip you off to paths you might not have considered.
- The Usual Crusader Kings Fun: Keep a stubborn council in line, scheme against your overbearing uncle or marry the rich duchy…oops, I mean pious duke or the duchess of your dreams.
Expected sometime in 2020.
Moons of Madness
Cthulu in space! Nearly as good as Fallout in space!
Moons of Madness is a first-person cosmic horror game, inspired by Lovecraft and sees you play as Shane Newehart, chief engineer on a research facility on Mars – and after awakening from a disconcerting dream, you are about to find out that reality is far more terrifying than even your worst nightmare. You will have to rely on your problem-solving skills, your calm and your ability to run and hide if you are to have any hope of survival.
This looks pretty decent.
The PC version is out 22nd October with console versions hitting in January 2020.