gamescom asia 2022 Announced As Physical Event On 20-22 October
Physical events are coming back in full force, and gamescom asia 2022 is among the high-profile gaming showcases to open their doors once more to gamers and exhibitors this October.
gamescom asia will have both a physical and online component. The former will take place from 20-22 October 2022 in Singapore at the Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre, featuring a Trade Zone and Conference for exhibitors and industry professionals to network and attend keynotes, and an Entertainment Zone (21-22 October only) for the public to try out both video game demos, tabletop games, and other interactive experiences.
The online components such as PRIMETIME and STUDIO will be made available for global audiences on 19 and 23 October.
Joining the event are several big-name companies, with sponsors including Microsoft Xbox, TikTok, Gamedriver, and Xsolla to name a few. Other prominent exhibitors in the gaming industry and beyond that will be participating in gamescom asia include PlayStation, 9GAG, Lai Games, Brace Yourself Games, and Hooded Horse.
In addition, there will be presentations and keynotes by over 80 industry experts at the Trade Conference and Exhibition. These individuals will be sharing their insights on the latest and upcoming trends in the gaming scene. Here are some of the speakers that will be present and the topics they will be covering:
- Peter Vesterbacka, Finnish mobile game developer and former MightyEagle of Rovio Entertainment Corporation (Finland), the creator of Angry Birds;
- Sarah Delahanty, Cinematic Director, Blizzard Entertainment (USA), on the cinematic storytelling process in games;
- Tim Fields, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Digital Gaming, Wizards of the Coast (Canada) on the future of game development;
- Simon Alty, Vice President & Managing Director Asia Pacific, Bethesda/ZeniMax (Australia) on AAA game publishing;
- Hans Jagnow, Vice President Operations, ESL Pro League (Germany) on Esports Trends; Brigitta Rena Estidianti, Co-founder & Art Director, Mojiken Studio
- (Indonesia) on weaving Southeast Asian cultures into games;
- Vanessa Lorena Tate, Studio Director & Head of Eternal Games, King (UK), publishers of Candy Crush and discussing live ops strategies;
- Jad Boniface, Head of Community Expansion, Roblox (USA) on becoming architects of the metaverse.
The full list of presenters can be found on the official gamescom asia 2022 website.
“We are delighted to have the commitment of global leading video game players for the event. This is testament to the increasing interest in the games market in Southeast Asia as well as in gamescom asia. With just three months before the event, the team is working hard to develop an exceptional experience for all trade visitors and the public alike. We are expecting many more companies to join us over the coming weeks in this widely anticipated event,” said Mathias Kuepper, Managing Director of Koelnmesse Singapore, the organiser of gamescom asia.
A turnout of over 15,000 visitors and over 100 exhibitors from the Asia Pacific and beyond is expected to be seen at gamescom asia 2022, marking a significant and highly encouraging comeback to the physical event space for both fans and industry folks alike.
Registration for the Trade Zone and Conference is now open at the gamescom asia website. Tickets to gain access to the Entertainment Zone will be made available sometime in August 2022.
To whet your appetites even further, gamescom asia will also take place alongside The International 11 in October.
Photo credits: gamescom asia