Our annual GameStart 2018: FIFA 19 Championship returns on October 13-14!
Organised by IMP.Xtr3me3, this year’s tournament will be held at GameStart 2018.
Registration is now open until October 11, 4 pm SGT!
Gamestart FIFA 19 Championship
- Group Stages – Top 2 or 3 per group will qualify for the knockout stages. (depending on the number of sign-ups)
- Team Selection: Club / International (Same Teams are allowed)
- Player Attributes: Unique
Knockout Stages 1v1 (13 – 14 October)
- Format: Single Elimination (Best of 3 series)
- Double Elimination (Top 8 onwards; Best of 3 series)
- Player Attributes: Unique
Team Selection (Drafting): Players are required to select 3 different teams before the start of
every game in the knockout rounds. Players have to use only these 3 teams against their
opponent in that round. Each team can only be used once. If a player chooses ‘Real Madrid’
in Game 1, he/she is not allowed to use it anymore in Game 2 or 3
- 1st place
- SGD350 cash and Secretlab THRONE
- 2nd place
- SGD200 cash and Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Keyboard
- 3rd place
- SGD150 cash and Razer Kraken Pro V2 Headset
- 4th place
- SGD100 cash and Razer Electra V2 Headset
- 5th-8th place
- SGD50 cash and Razer Goliathus Chroma Mousemat
Game-play Settings (Game settings will be set by the referees on event day)
- Difficulty Level: Legendary
- Half Length: 5 Minutes (For Group Stages) 6 minutes (For Knockout Round)
- Injuries: On
- Offsides: On
- Time/Score display: On
- Camera: TELE BROADCAST (Height: 20, Zoom: 0)
- Radar: 2D or 3D
- Volume Settings: Default
- Controls: Tactical Defending
- Timed Finishing: User Preference
- Second Defender Switch Icon: (User Preference)
- Pass Block Assistance: (User Preference)
During any penalty kicks, the ‘Set Target’ is to be turned off before taking the penalty.
Should it not be turn off, any goals scored will not be counted.
Tiebreakers (For Group Stages)
In the event that more than one player finishes in a tied position in the group, the following tie-breaker criteria will be used to decide the winner:
- Goal difference
- Goals scored
- Head to Head results
Extra Time: extra time of two halves will be played in the event of a draw after regulation. Penalties will decide the winner if the scores are still level after extra-time.
Time-wasting is strictly forbidden. Example of time wasting will be passing the ball among your defenders in your own half only during the last few minutes.
Custom formations are not permitted. Custom tactics are allowed.
A pause can only be made in the following scenarios:
- When the ball is out of play (Throw-in/Free Kicks/Corners/Kick-off)
- Half Time
- When a player is injured and unable to carry on with the game.
Any players caught pausing while the game is in play, will be given a warning.
- All games played for the GameStart FIFA 19 Championship are played on FIFA 19 for
the Playstation 4 console in Kick Off mode. Players will have to choose the Best of 3
Series Game Mode during the knockout stages.
- Players are advised to bring their own controllers. Controllers will also be provided
on the event day. Players who are bringing their own controllers are reminded to log
out of the console after their matches
- 3rd Party controllers are prohibited. Only the use of Playstation controllers or
approved Sony controllers are allowed.
- Charging cables are provided upon requests. It is the players’ responsibility to safe
keep the cable and return it back to the marshals after their game.
- No saved games are permitted.
- If a controller is defective, a Player can pause the game and notify the referee. The
referee will determine the controller status in making such a decision. If a Player
plays with a defective controller, all results are nevertheless valid.
- Players may not select any fictional All-Star teams (e.g Classic 11).
- Unnecessary pauses or delays are prohibited.
- Any action designed to disrupt the opposing Player’s view of the field or ability to
select controlled players is prohibited.
- Each game will begin play at its designated time, and as designated on site at the
- Players not present at the designated start time for any match will be disqualified,
and their opponent shall be granted a 3-0 score. Players are encouraged to be in the
designated play area 15-minutes prior to game time.
- Players will be shown their designated station, shall set up the game and
immediately begin play. Each Player will have 2 minutes to configure controls, line- ups and settings in accordance with the rules described above under “Game-play settings”.
- Players shall be responsible for keeping track of game situation so if a game is interrupted, the situation can be restored. In all situations possible, tournament referees will monitor the game situation so that it may be restored in the event of game interruptions.
- Players shall raise their hands at the end of the game so a referee can record their score. Only scores reported to the referee are official.
- No game interruptions, except for designated pauses to report scores (if any), will be allowed.
- Only players are allowed in the tournament area during their matches. If a player is not playing, he will be not be allowed in the tournament area
- Players are not allowed to warm-up or use the consoles at any point of time if they do not have a game to play
- Players will be given a 10 minutes grace period if their match is next.
- If the player is not present after 10 minutes it will result in a disqualification.
- Should there be any disputes, players are to pause the game when the ball is out of play and inform the marshal on site immediately.
- Players are to be seated at their seats after their matches is over.
- No food is supposed to be brought into the tournament area.
- No refunds will be given should there be any walkovers or disqualifications.
- If a game is interrupted intentionally by any Player, that Player will immediately be disqualified.
- If a game interruption is caused by outside circumstances such as a machine error orloss of power, the game shall be continued from the point of interruption.